Deadline : 09 October 2022
Interested Ugandans are invited to apply for the Caritas Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge 2023. The Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge aims to promote sustainable agriculture, curb malnutrition, promote food security and improve farmers’ livelihoods.
In addition, the challenge seeks to identify and support innovative business solutions contributing to a sustainable and inclusive food system in and around Northern Uganda.
- To Identify and support innovative business solutions contributing to a sustainable and inclusive food system in and around Acholi Sub-region.
- To promote sustainable livelihoods in the Acholi Sub-region.
- Support 15 to 20 or entrepreneurs that want to or are already providing impactful solutions in food security, malnutrition, and agriculture production in the Acholi Sub-region.
- Win a share of UGX40m in grants + 5 months of mentorship.
Focused Thematic Areas
For entrepreneurs or business that want to or are already providing impactful solutions in food security, malnutrition, and agriculture production and want to grow their business and impact.
- Malnutrition Challenges
- Agricultural Market Information
- Access to Inputs
- Food Productivity
- Food Wastage Management
- Climate & Smart Farming
- Agro Processing
- Technology & Digital Agriculture
- Education Services for Farmers
Entrepreneurs with already existing business or innovations, and aspiring entrepreneurs with just an idea in the mentioned thematic areas can apply.
- Applicants who have an agribusiness innovative idea to be implemented around the Acholi Sub-region.
- Anyone with an already existing agribusiness solution being implemented in the Acholi Sub-region.
- Entrepreneurs with innovative solutions in thematic areas listed above.
- Women entrepreneurs are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit Caritas Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge.