One Feared Dead As UNIZIK Female Student’s Gas Cylinder Explodes While Making Facebook Live Video – [PHOTOS]

In what will come across as a really shocking development, a gas cylinder exploded while a female student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra state was making a Facebook live video.

According to report by NaijaCover, the gas explosion happened in her lodge in Ifite Awka, the State Capital Of Anambra State.

Although it is unsure if she made it alive or not, eyewitnesses disclosed that the female student, identified as Precious was said to have been trapped by the explosion caused by the gas cylinder.

Some other occupants of the lodge, which is predominantly occupied by UNIZIK students sustained varying degrees of injury as a result of the inferno.

It was also learnt that the female student had placed her phone close to the gas cylinder during her Facebook live session, resulting in an explosion.

According to NaijaCovers, “most of the rooms in the lodge were affected and many properties were destroyed. We actually tried to quench the fire but we couldn’t until the fire service people arrived.”

Efforts to contact the owner of the lodge were unsuccessful as he was said to be away when newsmen arrived at the scene.

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.